We Stumbled into 2022

 The beginning of this year has been a stumble, then a tuck and roll, but we are still here, still standing.   

As we approached the New Year, I have been struggling to keep up.  I wasn't ready for Christmas.  I had been working an extra 3 hours subbing at work, to save money, because I felt something was coming around Christmas.  I would need the extra money.  I told Ms Harris that after Christmas I wouldn't becoming in, in the afternoon. I felt that int he New Year things would change, and I would not be there.  I didin'tknow how.

Well. the car needed repairs, it was a rainy week, and my windshield wipers went bezerk.  I had to get that fixed, and it was a complicated issue with a computer chip.  Well, I froze my ass off waiting for the car that day, and was ver $600. That was half my check.  Then, I had intended to set aside money to get Dwight a wedding band.  

We had planned to renew our vows on our anniversary.  I had askedSam if he could Karaoke for us android him November for it.  I have been so overwhelmed, didn't plan much else.  When I tried talking to Patrick about having him renew our vows, it was pretty close.  He said he was moving, and he would talk to me later about it.  I asked that week before.  He said, he would think about it.  Then he stopped answering.  Dwight felt that maybe we shouldn't because people would judge us and make snarky comments.  

That night, we went to pick up Sam, I left my phone on the roof of the car by accident.  The little voice in my he'd tried to tell me, I wasn't listening until we were almost at the legion.  EEEKK.  Sam had his brother go outside and look for it.  He found it. I was very grateful.  I figured I lost it for good. 

When I got to the legion, Mac and Cindy asked if we were doing our vows.  I told them, I couldn't getPatrick to do it, and I don't know anyone else.  Mac said he would arrange it.  I had bought Dwight and I wedding bands fo it, and put them in my purse.  I suspected it would workout.  Mac did our renewal.  The people there wires cool.  Todd and Karen and Lisa were there.  We had fun dancing, and singing.  It was not busy, but good and comfortable to be in.  

The weekend after this, David came over.  It was his B day that Saturday.  we decided on him coming on Friday, because there would be karaoke, and then on Saturday, he could go back and have dinner at home.  Sue wanted to make dinner for his B Day.  This time people were there for karaoke, and we had a calm, but good time.  Nobody got crazy.  I made chocolate fudge, blueberry cake, with fresh blueberry made topping.  I think David had a good time.  At least it seemed so.  I was feeling a little strange that night.  I didn't touch people, I told them I might have been getting a cold.  I didn't want to get people sick, just in case.

Well, That weekend I felt run down, tired and weird.  On Sunday I felt like I had a slight head cold.  I swear I felt like I had fever, body aches.  I felt like my skin was sunburnt, it hurt!  I took my temperature, nothing, said no fever.  On Monday, it was back to school day.  I told Mrs. Harris I felt sick, I felt like I had a cold, but wasn't sure if it was that or worse.  I asked if she wanted me to stay or go.  She said she was ok with me staying.  I had taken Dayquil.  the medicine started wearing off around 11, and from there I got sneezy, by 12,I could hardly wait to go home, I was miserable trying to hold it in, while wearing a mask.  I had turned in my COVID test that morning.  

On Tuesday, I woke up feeling like Had a bad cold.  I called off, until I got my COVID test results.  Well they came in, I was sick.  I was told tasty home until the 21st.  I had a series of e mails and forms.  From there,I got worse.  Just annoying cold, sneezing, runny nose, head congestion.  After that, I was just so tired wiped out.  I started myself on a Emergen C, Zinc, Magnesium and my regular vitamins. sandlots of water.  I was now in isolation, which is great because I didn't wannabe anywhere.  I was a couch potato.  Dwight was awesome.  He went grocery shopping.  He bought things for me.  Fruit, fresh berries, grapefruit, orange juice, cold medicine, and even Kleenex and chocolates.  I have never had someone be that kind and thoughtful before.  More than anything.. without asking.  He's amazing.

Well, I was sick and it was annoying, but I wasn't gravely ill, not too miserable, just worn out tired and it felt like I had been posing as a piñata.  It really hurt, like I got beat by a large stick, and my joints were so achy, still. are now, a month later.   I am so grateful that I didn't give it to Dwight or David.  

WhenI returned to work, Ms Harris had changed the classroom rule thing.  She asked me not to tell the kids to stop behavior if they are distracted, because it interrupts her class.  She said if they don't want tolerant, it's ok.  I felt so frustrated, I was reprimanded for telling a kid to pay attention, stop e mailing her friends during class.  Actually, all I did was stand behind her and when she looked at me, I pointed at the front of the classroom.  She went off..  she told meet go and my own business.  I told her not to talk to me that way, I'm just  doing my job.  That was it.  Mrs Harris told me at the end of classy hen the students left, not to do that again, it interrupts her lesson.  leave the student alone to do whatever they want.  Told her I will not let them speak to me that way.  She said that was my fault, because I triggered the kid by telling her to do what she was supposed to do.  Just let them be.  GRRRRR

I had been dragging along, so tired.  I think it was that day.  I got to thecae to go home, and the little voice in my head said look at jobs.  I looked at enjoin on my phone, but I got the message, to look for inside transfer, not new job.  I did, and there were like three, one of the schools posting was mine.  I saw a 5 hour position open.  I figured I would check it out further later.  WhenI got himeI was so tired, I got comfortable the couch, and started dozing off, when thelittlevoice said"getup! lookatthejob" I said I already did.  "the time!!  check the time!! get up now, you have to go now!  I got up and looked at the flyer, yup, closed at 4:30 that day.  It was after 3.  I got up, half explained to Dwight and got dressed and ran. followed the voice, went to the school, got the form printed out, Ms Huntsman helped me.  I then got it signed and ran to theDistrict office to turn it in about 4 m.  I made it on time.  

Waited and waited, and then, there it was.  I got the 5 hour position, I started last week.  I am now in RSP, right where I wanted to be.  I might be happier about it than it seems.  But I am still really tired and sore.  Like exhausted constantly, and my body hurts.  I think it's getting better, now my joints hurt more than everything.  it was feeling like muscle pain last week.  Like I just did a PT test..  all the time. Still hurts when I lay down to sleep, but I am hoping I am getting better.  just feel drained.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accident